Monday, May 22, 2006

My Sunday

Well, after my previous blog on San Carlo. I started craving for their food again so i made it a point to make a reservation for lunch for Sunday. I was thinking about the food. I think from this blog everyone things i eat like a crazy person. Well, i do enjoy my food and i eat well. So, the reservation was for 1 but it was raining so heavily and the tram was so delayed due to the Manchester Marathon i made it there at 1.30. Thank goodness i still had my reservations.
So, now the food. We decided to have the special San Carlo appetizer. I was amazed at the size and the amount of meat on the platter.


me and the giant appetizer platter. . .



the platter up close. . .



For the main course, i had steak. I have personally never really enjoyed steak. I did try one of the best restaurants in Manchester recommended for their steak called the Gaucho Grill but somehow it wasn't to my liking. Maybe others would enjoys it because it certainly was packed but i didn't. However at San Carlo, it was wonderful. I had a side order of some vegetables. It was all buttery and herby. The vegetables at San Carlo are really really good. I'm recommending it to all of u once again. The steak had a delicious smell and taste with a juicy bite and a burst of flavour into my mouth. Wow~!


I had to stop for a picture but i wanted to get back to my food.

my lovely sirloin steak which i was working my way through. and my delicious vegetables below

i do love my food. . .

Okay okay, enough about my delicious lunch. After that i went to meet up with Siok Lee (our guest from Dublin, Ireland) and the other Mancunians at the Arndale Centre. After that, we headed to the Dutch Market which was taking place in St. Ann's Square. They had the cheeses, the candy, the pancakes, beers and more. I was too full to indulge in any of that.


It was drizzling all day... of course there were moments of sunshine. So well, after the Dutch Market, we went to Yatra Lounge. I lounge that is quite similar to Red Chamber in Malaysia in this alley in St. Ann's square area. It's a real comfy lounge with a modern day jukebox. Or at least we made as a modern day jukebox. They had a plasma screen (i think) with the windows media player on it with a mouse (duh~!) where u could select ur own songs. See, a free modern day jukebox. There is a nice VIP are there which would be pretty nice for parties but this time none of use braved to go there. Haha, there was a couple getting hot and heavy in there. We knew that because one of us (not mentioning who) stumbled upon them.

Since Siok Lee had not seen the curry mile of Manchester yet, we took her there to "Pink Garlic" for dinner. It was a yummy dinner. from my previous blog, MY FRIEND THE RACIST,

here's : MY FRIEND THE RACIST (part 2)

In an indian restaurant. Once again he said his joke about the indian and the bucket of shit. You can view the joke in "My friend the Racist (part 1). What a dinky headed boy.. that's another clue for u. Clue number one was in the first part. To narrow it down to enable mystery solving of the case of "My friend the Racist", i will let u know the people who were there at dinner

1. Jason

2.Siok Lee

3.Raymond

4.Charlene (me)

5. Mikael

6. Sandev

7. Stephanie

WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS???

Missing persons:-

Raymond was taking the photo. Chia Ming was in Dundee and Yvinne was at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »