Friday, April 13, 2007

Times Have Changed

In this past 2 years i think i have grown a lot. I do not know if it is for the best or for the worse. I have always been by nature known as caring and oversensitive. But so many things have happened over the past 2 years and the people i am exposed to has reshaped my character so much. I don't like the person i have become and long to be my normal self but in life it's so difficult to be that way.
I look back at a simpler time when people were genuine and sincere. In my whole life i always thought of a lot of people as friends but now i look at things differently. i have friends and then there are acquaintances. This is something my father always thought me since i was young.
He also thought me to trust no one. And up till today, there is no one in my life i trust completely besides my father and my mother. Everyone else in life has the potential to hurt you and to "use & abuse" you. *quoted from the brilliant See Lina* haha
As time goes by i do realize that my good qualities are being burried deeper and deeper within me and the cold ice queen is visible outside. Haha, but this FACADE never lasts for long, there are bursts of my normal self coming out from time to time.
For those of you who know me so well for so many years, i am still the same to you and you won't see this side of me. But, somehow , with each passing day, i am indeed changing, i don't know it is for better or for worse of it is what is called "growing up" and realizing this is the world we live in today, but it is all happening.

No comments: