Thursday, April 03, 2008

Benny Lava Meets Char Siew and Siuk Yuk



My latest cooking fun. I can't cook everything but i like to try. If it jadi goood. I float into my little proud bubble when i accomplish something. Hehe. I always tell ppl it's easy to make this and that. Not because i'm a cocky bitch. But simply because it is simple and i don't think ppl should be impressed by any dish. For those who don't cook.. it may look amazing.. but if they tried it i'm sure they could make it to. Trust me. Who doesn't know how to mix A with B and to dust C on D. Baking on the other hand is something that needs skills and patience. I ain't the best at that because i'm a lazy fart. I use no measurements and weighing scales and i can't wait ages for things to puff and poof in the oven at a lower temperature. I rather whack it on high. BUt i think i should learn.


Enough mumbo jumbo. Recently, i craved for char siew and siu yuk. Best siew yuk in Manchester is in Happy Season but i am in Wigan. So well, if you can't get something, you gotta try making it urself. Best char siew will always be at Jalan Alor in Malaysia. and there is nothing like having some nice fresh chilli garlic ginger vinegar thing they do in Malaysia. So, after a visit to kuali.com and random other websites. i set off on my adventure. The results :-




It was yummy. So I think it was a success.
Will work on it and benny lava shall cook for u guys one day.
*****muacks!!!*****

No comments: