Wednesday, April 02, 2008

---------Scents and Sensuality---------


5 senses in the body. All important but there is one i absolutely love. Smell.
Smell is able to trigger a memory for me. I adore perfume and always stick to a few fragrances.
Ever have someone (guy/girl) walk past you and fill ur nostrils with a delicious smell (not the b.o)?
or ever have someone say " you smell good, what do u use?"

Or in the case of a certain someone (a guy!)

another guy come up to him and say
" you smell nice, what aftershave is that?"

he answers flirtatiously

" nothing"
LOL!

*you know who you are*

Scents can draw you towards someone or make you run the 100m dash away from that person. One very important factor in a man for me is rich manly aftershave... mmmm. Of course, for those of you nursing 3 hairs on ur chin, shaving will be something you can look forward to in the future.
There is an experience which i enjoy. Probably most people are not aware of it. The main sites for a lady to apply perfume are neck, wrists, and behind the ears. After wearing a particular perfume for a while you get adjusted to it and are no longer aware of the smell. There is an experience that will cause a burst of all these scents. An experience most of you may not even notice and take for granted which i adore. When you shower and the water hits the spot where the perfume was on you neck, it cause a little burst of scents that is absolutely marvelous! These are the little moments of joy in my mundane daily life.. my showers. (for those of you who think i'm insane ..l..) (you know u want to try it!)
There are a few perfumes i love and use which you wouldn't have noticed in the stores and some pretty commonly seen:-


Ja'dore by DIOR






Esencia Femme by Loewe


Loewe's Quizas Quizas Quizas





DKNY - Cashmere Mist



Loewe - I Loewe You



These are just some little scents and smells in my everyday life that make my mornings a little brighter, my showers a little more exciting and my nights a little more *wink*. These are the regulars which are always on my dresser. So the next time ur around me, try and make a guess which one of these it is. Or, the next time ur stumped on what to get me for a gift, you'd never go wrong with any one of these.

I can't believe i blogged about my perfume and shower adventures. Strangely enough, i want to publish this post despite being mildly unsettled about what a loony people are gonna think i am.


No comments: